Advocacy and Legislation
Present and Ongoing Activities
- Serve on the ADA Eligibility and No-Show Appeals panels
- Speak before the SamTrans Board of Directors monthly meeting
- Work closely with SamTrans staff on changes in late cancel, no-show policies, etc.
- Provide ongoing oversight through participation of the Consumer Corps. This important data is presented to the PCC and SamTrans Board of Directors on a quarterly basis
- Monitor and collect feedback on the Interactive Voice Response System
- Educate the public about paratransit services
- Advocate for high quality paratransit services in San Mateo County
Let us know if your organization would be interested in a presentation by PCC members.
News and Events
Sammi Riley and Mike Levinson speak on PenTV:
Past Accomplishments of the PCC
- Monitored and reviewed performance trends for Redi-Wheels and RediCoast service
- Helped establish the ADA eligibility consumer friendly process
- Participated in contractor selection process and provided input on Interactive Voice Responsive (IVR) and scheduling systems
- Served on SamTrans Bus Review Committee to provide recommendations on bus interior and design
- Hosted 2007 Regional Conference for Bay Area Paratransit Service
- Hosted 2017 “Beyond ADA” PCC Regional Conference
- Participated in the 2022 Regional PCC Conference
Policy Advocacy Legislative Committee
The Policy Advocacy Legislative (PAL) Committee's function is to monitor legislation, take positions on this legislation and lobby decision makers on legislation for paratransit needs.