The San Mateo County Paratransit Coordinating Council (PCC) is an organization dedicated to improving the quality and availability of paratransit services in San Mateo County. Paratransit is Curb-to-Curb public transportation for people with disabilities. The primary form of paratransit service in the County is the Redi-Wheels service provided by the San Mateo County Transit District (SamTrans) in compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act. On the Coastside, paratransit service is provided by RediCoast.
- Consumers who ride Redi-Wheels and other forms of paratransit.
- Representatives of human service agencies that serve people with disabilities and seniors.
- Paratransit providers, including representatives of SamTrans and its contracted provider for Redi-Wheels, First Transit.
- Ensure that paratransit services comply with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Review and make recommendations on funding claims.
- Educate the community-at-large, persons with disabilities, the Board of Supervisors, the SamTrans and RediCoast, and PCC members.
- Ensure equal service for the diversity of disabilities, income levels, and minorities represented within the disability community.
- Lobby decision-makers to advocate for paratransit needs.
- Mediate between users and providers.
- Monitor provider performance and service quality regularly.
- Develop leadership skills of paratransit consumers.
- Participate in regional and local paratransit planning processes.
WHEN: 2nd Tuesday of every month except August, 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
WHERE: 2nd Floor Auditorium, SamTrans Building, 1250 San Carlos Avenue, San Carlos CA 94070.